8. KB Home (KBH) builds affordable houses for first-time and move-up buyers.
KB delivered 8,500 homes in 2009 at an average selling price of $207,000. It is focused in the Western, Southwestern and Southeastern U.S. Morningstar applauds its customizable and innovative product lineup. The U.S. housing market is still suffering from a glut of inventory, weakening the outlook for homebuilders, whose starts are in a trough.
KB's fiscal third-quarter orders fell 39%. Morningstar is critical of KB's plans to ramp up building amid slack demand. Still, it sees upside in KB's stock, estimating fair value at $21, consistent with a 69% return. With $1 billion of cash and $1.8 billion of debt, KB has one of the strongest balance sheets in its industry group.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV