9. China Gerui Advanced Materials (CHOP) is a steel producer in China, using advanced technology to make higher value-added products.
It is operating at full capacity, but plans to expand and double output in 2011, a strategy being hampered by recent floods in Northern China. Morningstar isn't accounting for such expansion in its 25% 2011 growth estimate, indicating material upside to fair value. Gerui's inventory system is unique. It purchases steel based on customer orders, minimizing costs.
Morningstar's $10 fair-value estimate is consistent with 9.2 times 2011 earnings, a conservative valuation, especially considering China's materials appetite and Gerui's expansion plan. Morningstar's estimate implies that China Gerui's stock has 68% of upside or greater.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV