1. AMN Healthcare Services (AHS) provides temporary health-care workers.
The company focuses on the travel-nurse segment in the U.S. Its established network of nurses and strict educational and experience requirements lend the company a narrow economic moat, according to Morningstar. With baby-boomers aging and health care spending on the rise, the company is positioned for long-term growth. A shortage of nurses in the U.S. could eat into margins going-forward, but AMN has expanded its network into Europe, Asia and South Africa to meet excess demand within the U.S.
It has a permanent physician placement division, which enjoys a higher profit spread. AMN delivered a mediocre third-quarter, with organic revenue down 7%. Morningstar proposes a fair-value target of $13.
Visit the 10 Unloved Stocks Portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV