What Is the Ugliest Airport in the U.S.?
It's no wonder why. Airline travel can involve lots of unpleasant moments, and one way that airlines and airports can enhance the experience is by making terminals pleasant places to be.
Now we want to move onto the next step, which, of course, is a story about the four ugliest U.S. airports (or terminals). We're looking for nominations for spaces that seem cramped, dark or filled with windows that offer crummy views, as opposed to airports where delays are common or where the weather is bad.
We have a few in mind. For instance, the Delta (DAL) terminal at JFK has long needed help. Delta knows work is needed so it can compete with the new American (AMR) and JetBlue (JBLU) terminals: it has committed $1.2 billion to the effort.We also hear frequent complaints about Philadelphia International Airport, the principal international gateway for USAirways (LCC). Below, we have highlighted these and other less-appealing airports that readers already identified in the "most beautiful" story. Please cast your vote, and feel free to submit your write-in votes in a comment beneath this story.
-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV