Four Nuveen Funds Announce Pricing And Placement Of $469 Million Private Offering Of VRDP
Four Nuveen municipal closed-end funds today announced that each has priced a private offering of Variable Rate Demand Preferred (VRDP) shares placed with qualified institutional buyers, as defined pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933. The following amounts of VRDP shares have been issued by each fund:
- Nuveen New York Quality Income Municipal Fund, Inc. (NYSE: NUN): $161.7 Million
- Nuveen Premier Insured Municipal Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE: NIF): $130.9 Million
- Nuveen California Investment Quality Municipal Fund, Inc. (NYSE: NQC): $95.6 Million
- Nuveen California Performance Plus Municipal Fund, Inc. (NYSE: NCP): $81.0 Million
The proceeds from each offering will be used to redeem at par all of the fund’s outstanding auction-rate preferred shares (ARPS). The funds’ Board of Trustees had previously approved each redemption, which total $469.2 million. Each refinancing is expected to lower the relative costs of leverage for the funds over time while also providing liquidity at par for the holders the funds’ ARPS.
VRDP shares include a liquidity feature that allows holders of VRDP to have their shares purchased by a liquidity provider in the event that sell orders have not been matched with purchase orders and successfully settled in a remarketing. The liquidity feature for this fund’s VRDP is being provided by Citibank, N.A. The VRDP shares comply with the requirements of IRS Notice 2008-55, as extended by IRS Notice 2010-03, and qualify as equity for income tax purposes. This affords VRDP share dividends the same tax treatment as the income on the fund’s underlying investments, notwithstanding VRDP terms that require the fund to redeem VRDP shares still owned by the liquidity provider if there are six months of continuous, unsuccessful remarketing.
VRDP dividends will be set weekly at a rate established by Citigroup Global Markets Inc. as remarketing agent, subject to a maximum rate which will increase over time in the event of an extended period of unsuccessful remarketing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV