DryShips said earlier this month its wholly-owned Ocean Rig UDW planned to raise $500 million in a private offering
DryShips shares traded 3.6% lower Wednesday to $5.98.On Wednesday, the drybulk shipper said Ocean Rig UDW was priced at $17.50 per share. Following the share sale, DryShips' ownership stake in the unit will be reduced to between 78% and 80%. The offering will be made to Norwegian professionals and eligible counterparties under Norwegian trading regulations, to non-U.S. residents and in a concurrent private placement in the United States only to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act. Proceeds from the sale are "expected to be used to finance construction costs of the ultra deepwater newbuilding drillships under construction at Samsung, exercise options to build further ultra deepwater drillships and general corporate purposes." Last week analysts at Credit Suisse upgraded DryShips' stock to outperform from neutral. The equity research firm also lifted its price target on DryShips by $4 to $9. >>DryShips Cruises on Upgrade Separately, DryShips said recently it completed its ATM Equity Offering, raising around $350 million since initiating the offering on Sept. 7.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV