With expected revenue growth of 13% but expected earnings growth of 39%, FedEx is nearing the sweet spot of the economic cycle, as continued volume growth is a plus, as long as costs can be kept relatively flat. For 2011, the company is expected to generate $38.9 billion in revenue and $5.21 in EPS -- these are current analyst consensus numbers -- for expected growth of 12% and 39%, respectively. The stock is trading at 18x 2011 EPS estimates and 15x 2012 EPS estimates. In addition, FedEx is trading at just about 10x cash from operations, although free cash flow has been negative the last few quarters, thanks to sharply higher capex.FedEx has a number of positives going for it right now, although the management team is always very conservative in its guidance. We would be stronger buyers of the stock in the mid $80s, but the fundamental story is a compelling one right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV