NEW YORK ( TheStreet) --"If the last decade has taught us anything, it's that this is a stock picker's market," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Wednesday, as he perused the list of the hottest performing stocks over the past decade.
Cramer said while the major averages may have stalled over the past 10 years, all was not lost on individual stocks, which is why he continues to advocate actively managing ones' portfolio rather than passively shoveling money into mutual or index funds.What do the top performers from years' past have in common? They're all game-changing companies, he said. Cramer said there's a reason why Apple (AAPL), a stock which he owns for his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV