Wingstop Ranked #1 For Wings
RICHARDSON, Texas, Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Wingstop's fan base continues to soar. The 470-unit chicken wing chain is making a strong impact on guests, according to recent Technomic, Inc. research which found that in markets where there is a Wingstop restaurant, consumers ranked the fast-growing chain as the number one quick-service concept for wings.
The surveys were conducted over several weeks by Technomic, Inc., a research and consulting firm that specializes in restaurants and food suppliers. The results found:
- Wingstop had the highest top-of-mind, unaided awareness among wing concepts in its markets when consumers were asked "what concepts come to mind when you think of boneless or bone-in wings?"
- Wingstop received 61 percent, more than twice as many as any other limited-service chicken wing brand, when consumers were given a list and asked "which is a place for great wings."
- Fifty percent of people surveyed who indicated they frequent Wingstop, said they purchase wings at Wingstop over another establishment because "Wingstop makes the best wings."
"The unaided awareness found in this survey was impressive, especially for a chain that is still continuing to expand nationally," said Melissa Wilson of Technomic. "The findings clearly indicate that Wingstop really resonates with consumers and reinforces their strong positioning as a leader in the chicken/wing category."
With a sole focus on cooked-to-order chicken wings, the Wingstop menu features traditional and boneless wings sauced and tossed in nine proprietary flavors including Original Hot, Lemon Pepper and Garlic Parmesan, and side dishes like fresh-cut, seasoned fries."Wingstop prides itself on being The Wing Experts. We do one thing and we do it better than anyone else, so we are thrilled with the results and feedback we've received from consumers," said Andy Howard, chief marketing officer for Wingstop. "We have a product people crave that turns customers into loyal fans one wing at a time." For more information, or to find the nearest Wingstop location, visit www.wingstop.com. About Wingstop Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Richardson, Texas, Wingstop has 470 restaurants open across the United States and Mexico. With a sole focus on chicken wings, the Wingstop menu features nine wing flavors including Original Hot, Cajun, Atomic, Mild, Teriyaki, Lemon Pepper, Hawaiian, Garlic Parmesan, and Hickory Smoked BBQ. Wings are made fresh, cooked-to-order and customers can also choose from homemade side dishes including Wingstop's award winning fresh-cut seasoned fries. Wingstop has experienced more than seven consecutive years of positive sales increases, received multiple American Business Awards, was crowned Wing King at the National Buffalo Wing Festival and has been voted 'best wings' by outlets across the country. Troy Aikman, three-time Super Bowl champion and Hall of Fame quarterback, has served as the chain's national spokesman since 2003. Wingstop was acquired in 2010 by Roark Capital Group, an Atlanta-based private equity firm that specializes in business and consumer service companies with attractive growth prospects and revenues ranging from $20 million to $1.0 billion. SOURCE Wingstop
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV