A.M. Best Affirms Ratings Of First Acceptance Insurance Group And Its Members
A.M. Best Co. has affirmed the financial strength ratings (FSR) of B (Fair) and issuer credit ratings (ICR) of “bb+” of First Acceptance Insurance Group (First Acceptance) (Nashville, TN) and its members. Concurrently, A.M. Best has affirmed the ICR of “b” of First Acceptance Corporation (Delaware) (NYSE: FAC), the group’s ultimate parent holding company. The outlook for all ratings remains positive. (Please see below for a detailed listing of the companies.)
The affirmation of the ratings is primarily based on the group’s historically high underwriting leverage ratios and weak capitalization, along with unstable loss reserve development in recent years. These negative rating factors are partially offset by a stronger balance sheet and improved leverage in recent years coupled with historically positive earnings. The group members operate under an intercompany pooling arrangement and proportionately share in the overall underwriting performance of First Acceptance.
In addition, First Acceptance benefits from the added financial flexibility of its publicly traded holding company to raise capital through equity or debt during favorable investment markets. The holding company’s current debt-to-capital and interest coverage ratios are modest and within an acceptable range for the current ratings.
Furthermore, these rating actions contemplate that management will successfully navigate through today’s challenging markets by continuing to control growth and taking steps to improve; pricing and rate setting processes; fraud detection; underwriting; and upgrading its marketing and distribution strategy.The ratings have been affirmed for First Acceptance Insurance Group and its following pooled members:
- First Acceptance Insurance Company, Inc.
- First Acceptance Insurance Company of Georgia, Inc.
- First Acceptance Insurance Company of Tennessee, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV