NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The biggest casino stock winners in 2010 rode a surprising winning streak during the past year -- but can they continue to pull aces in 2011?
Overall, analysts are calling the bottom for the casino sector, and while it is unlikely the market will return to the good times of pre-2007, stabilization could be enough for Wall Street to experience a renewed sense of interest in these names.
TheStreet used I-Metrix to rank casino companies based upon their stock gains in 2010 to predict which stocks investors should place bets on next year.Ultimately the recovery of casinos is heavily dependent on which markets they are located in, which is why stock gains this year ranged from a modest 8% uptick to a greater-than-150% surge. There have been some noteworthy positive trends in Las Vegas in recent months, as visitation rates increase and room rates grow slightly. Most domestic markets remain stagnant with few near-term headwinds on the horizon. Then there are the outliers: Atlantic City continues in its downward spiral, Macau is on track to report gaming revenue growth of more than 50% for the year, and Singapore is slated to outpace Las Vegas by the end of 2011. Given this, it shouldn't come as a surprise that the lackluster stocks of 2010 have a dominant presence in Atlantic City and other mediocre markets like Las Vegas locals, while the three top casino stocks are all plays on China . >>3 Reasons Not To Bet on Casino Stocks in 2011 In light of all this, here's a look at which companies were the biggest winners of the year and how they are expected to fair in 2011....
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV