BOSTON (TheStreet) -- U.S. stocks with market values of $500 million to $2 billion, so-called small-caps, have delivered an average gain of 25% so far in 2010, placing second after mid-caps, which rose 26%. Still, the top-performing small-caps led the market, with many doubling and some even tripling or quadrupling. Here are 10 of the best small-caps of 2010.
10. Glimcher Realty Trust (GRT) more than tripled in 2010. Glimcher, based in Columbus, Ohio, owns and develops shopping malls. It is structured as a real estate investment trust, or REIT, so it is required to pay out the majority of its income to shareholders.
12-Month Sales Growth: -8.4%
12-Month Net Income Growth: -102%
Cash Flow Multiple: 9 (52% peer discount)
Quarterly Operating Profit Margin: 28%
Analyst Opinions: Of analysts covering Glimcher, two, or 29%, advise purchasing its shares, three recommend holding and two suggest selling. With mall occupancy of 93% and store sales up 4% in the third quarter, business seems more stable for Glimcher. But, it is running net losses and has a debt-to-equity ratio of 4.1. Citigroup expects its stock to rise 8% to $9. RBC foresees a 16% drop to $7.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV