NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The markets rose Tuesday in the wake of the Fed's decision to maintain the status quo.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 47.98, or 0.42%, to 11, 476.54 while the S&P 500 added 1.13, or 0.09%, to 1,241.59. The Nasdaq was up 2.81, or 0.11%, to 2,627.72.
The trading panel on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show took up the question of Fed's quantitative easing policy and whether it's working in the wake of the FOMC's statement today that the Fed would continue its bond-buying program.
For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV