8. Legislation will be introduced to allow Medicare and/or FDA to consider drug pricing in regulatory approval and reimbursement decisions.
9. European regulators approve InterMune's (ITMN) pirfenidone for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
10. After a series of Wikileaks rocks the agency, the FDA decides to make complete response letters (i.e., drug-rejection letters) public.
11. An outraged and unhinged investor physically threatens an expert sitting on an FDA advisory panel, prompting the agency to radically change procedures for future advisory panels. The FDA adds security and does away with definitive "Yes/No" votes for or against drug approvals.12. Discovery Labs (DSCO) finally -- finally! -- receives FDA approval for Surfaxin. 13. Cel-Sci (CVM) ends 2011 still searching in vain for the first head-and-neck cancer patient to enroll in the Multikine phase III trial. 14. A Chinese pharmaceutical company makes an unsolicited bid for a large U.S. biotech firm. Or, a large U.S. biotech firm acquires a Chinese pharmaceutical company. 15. A senior Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) executive resigns after a drugstore surveillance camera captures him trying to self-initiate another unofficial recall of children's Tylenol from store shelves. Happy 2011! If you have predictions of your own for the coming year, please share in the comments section below. --Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV