U.S. Energy Corp. Enters Into Participation Agreements With Zavanna LLC And Other Sellers In The Williston Basin Of North Dakota
RIVERTON, Wyo., Dec. 14, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- U.S. Energy Corp. (Nasdaq:USEG) ("USE" or the "Company"), a natural resources exploration and development company with interests in oil and gas, molybdenum, geothermal, and real estate assets, today announced that it has entered into two Participation Agreements with a private Denver, Colorado based company, Zavanna LLC and other affiliated sellers ("Zavanna"), to acquire approximately 6,200 net mineral acres located in McKenzie County, North Dakota for $10.95 million. Approximately one-third of the net mineral acres are held by production.
The purchase represents the acquisition of 35% of Zavanna's collective interest in two separate contiguous lease parcels known as the Yellowstone and SE HR Prospects. The purchase includes 100% of the rights to the Bakken and Three Forks formations throughout both parcels and includes shallow mineral rights on approximately two-thirds of the acreage. In addition, USE funded $1.4 million into an escrow account, which represents 35% of the estimated cost to drill the first well under the Yellowstone agreement. Assuming three wells per formation per spacing unit, under the agreements, USE can participate in 31 gross 1,280 acre drilling units (at varying working interests up to 35%) with the potential of 93 gross Bakken wells and 93 gross Three Forks wells.
Under the terms of the agreements, Zavanna has the right to a 30% back-in of USE's working interest in the prospects after:
- USE has recovered 130% of its capital outlay (payout) for all property development costs incurred during the first 36 months (including the initial $10.95 million payment), and
- 36 months for all undeveloped acreage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV