The plant, which once made large SUVs, has undergone a $550 million conversion in order to manufacture the Ford Focus. Ford said three hybrid or electric versions will follow.
"For years, I had this vision of a green Ford Motor Company, but we didn't have the technology before," Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford told reporters Tuesday, according to The Detroit Free Press. "Now we are electrifying mainstream vehicles."
Ford's redesigned Focus will be followed by a battery-powered Focus Electric in 2011 and by two hybrid vehicles in 2012, The Free Press reported.-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV