Dodge Ram, Bankruptcy: Hot Trends
(Information on Chrysler's Dodge Ram pickup truck recall and A&P's bankruptcy updated in today's Hot Trends article.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) --
"Dodge Ram trucks" is a trending search topic today after Chrysler announced a recall of about 76,000 Dodge Ram pickups.
Chrysler is conducting the recall to fix a power steering issue that could cause brake pedals to be slow to return after the driver applies them, increasing the risk of a crash.The recall affects 2010 and 2011 model year trucks built at Chrysler's Saltillo, Mexico plant between March 2009 and October 2010. The auto company will notify owners and replace the steering reservoir cap in affected cars at no charge.
"Bankruptcy" has been a popular search term on the Internet since Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea (GAP) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Sunday. The grocery chain, better known as A&P, listed debts of more than $3.2 billion and assets of about $2.5 billion in company filings. >> Grocery Chain A&P Files for Bankruptcy The 151-year-old company operates 395 stores in the Northeast under the A&P, Walbaum's and Pathmark names. Reports speculate that grocery companies such as Safeway (SWY) and Food Lion parent company Delhaize Group (DEG) will be interested in bidding for some of A&P's store locations.
"Electric cars" is a trending search topic today after Ford (F) said it is planning to build three electric cars at its Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV