FactSet Research Systems Reports Results For The First Quarter Of Fiscal 2011
NORWALK, Conn., Dec. 14, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NYSE:FDS) (Nasdaq:FDS), a leading provider of integrated financial information and analytical applications to the global investment community, today announced its results for the first quarter of fiscal 2011.
For the quarter ended November 30, 2010, revenues were $173.3 million, up 12% compared to the prior year. Operating income for the first quarter increased to $59.4 million, a rise of 10% from $54.0 million in the same period of fiscal 2010. Net income advanced to $41.6 million as compared to $36.1 million a year ago. Diluted earnings per share increased to $0.88, up 19% from $0.74 in the same period of fiscal 2010. Included in this quarter's EPS were income tax benefits of $0.03 per share from adjustments to certain reserves to reflect settlements with taxing authorities regarding previously filed tax returns.
|Consolidated Statements of Income|
|(Condensed and Unaudited)||Three Months Ended|
|(In thousands, except per share data)||2010||2009||Change|
|Provision for income taxes||17,953||18,142||(1.0)%|
|Diluted earnings per share||$0.88||$0.74||18.9%|
|Diluted weighted average shares||47,487||48,876|
"Our first quarter results illustrate the strength of FactSet's business model. We continue to be able to provide superior workflow solutions to our clients and grow both our ASV and EPS," says Philip A. Hadley, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "We again delivered strong ASV growth, adding $11 million over the past three months while EPS was up 15%."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV