1. ProFunds Internet UltraSector Fund (INPIX), up 58% this year.
This $31 million fund has risen 38% in the past three months. Last year, the fund returned 128% after plummeting 62% in 2008.It has relied on a highly leveraged, quick-on-the-draw trading strategy and is recommended for professional investors only. The portfolio turnover is a dizzying 622%. Although Google (GOOG), at 7.3% of the fund, has hurt performance, its managers have made up for it with its rapid-fire portfolio turnover and some stellar stock picks including: Salesforce.com (CRM), 3% of the fund and a 101% return; Amazon (AMZN), 5%, 31% return; and the top gainer, TIBCO Software (TIBX), a developer of business-process-management and optimization software, 1.7% of the fund, and up 117% this year. -- Written by Frank Byrt in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV