2. Saratoga Technology & Communications Fund (STPIX), up 49% this year. Last year, it gained 62% after tumbling 46% in 2008.
This year's returns have been boosted by its largest holding, Apple (AAPL), at 5% of the fund, followed by Oracle (ORCL), 4%; Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTSH), 4%, and up 55% this year; while Rovi (ROVI), the owner of the Angry Birds iPhone/iPad application, is at 2.3% of the fund and up 83%.The Saratoga Technology & Communications Fund's largest allocation is to cash, at 13%. It has a 33% software-sector weighting and a 31% hardware weighting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV