5. RS Technology Fund (RSIFX), up 37% this year.
This $300 million fund is typical of the top-performing technology funds, with its roller-coaster performance: It gained 75% last year after losing 51% of its value in 2008.The RS Technology Fund's portfolio of 66 stocks has a 128% annual turnover. Its top stocks are familiar: Apple (AAPL), at 6%; Google (GOOG), at 4%, and down 5%; and IBM (IBM), at 4%, and up 13%. And then there are a handful of stocks with off-the-charts performances, including: FS Networks (FFIV), up 170%; Finisa (FNSR), which makes products used to aid high-speed data communications over local area networks, at 2%, up 184%; and Acme Packet (APKT), a provider of voice-over-Internet-protocol technology, up 413%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV