A&P Bankruptcy, Metrodome: Hot Trends
(Information on A&P's bankruptcy and the Metrodome collapse updated in today's Hot Trends article.)
The grocery chain better known as A&P listed debts of more than $3.2 billion and assets of about $2.5 billion in a petition the company filed in bankruptcy court in White Plains, N.Y.The 151-year-old company was once the country's largest grocer. It now operates 395 stores under the A&P, Walbaum's and Pathmark names in the Northeast. The company said all of its stores will remain open.
"Metrodome" is a hot search topic today after the inflatable roof of the Minnesota Vikings' stadium caved in following heavy snowfall in Minneapolis on Sunday.
"Medicare" is a trending search topic this morning after the House passed a bill delaying the impending cut in pay to doctors for one year on Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV