Pain Therapeutics Completes Special Distribution To Shareholders
SAN MATEO, Calif., Dec. 13, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pain Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:PTIE) announced today the completion of a special, one-time nondividend cash distribution of $2.00 per share, or an aggregate of about $86 million. In connection with this event, Nasdaq® will adjust the price of PTIE by $2.00 per share at today's open.
"This marks the completion of another milestone in our plan to deliver value to shareholders," said Remi Barbier, Chairman, President and CEO of Pain Therapeutics. "We look forward to an exciting year in 2011."
After completing the distribution, the Company's cash balance exceeds $90 million.About Pain Therapeutics, Inc. Pain Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that develops novel drugs. In addition to REMOXY, we have three other drug candidates in clinical programs. These include a novel monoclonal antibody-based treatment against metastatic melanoma. We are also developing a new treatment for patients with hemophilia, a genetic disorder in which patients are unable to stop bleeding. For more information about us, please visit www.paintrials.com .
CONTACT: Pain Therapeutics, Inc. Judy Ishida, Administrative Manager 650-645-1924 IR@paintrials.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV