(Premarket story updated with Dell, Compellent news and share price changes)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Dell (DELL) says it has a deal for Compellent (CML) after it bumped up its bid by 25 cents per share for the Eden Prairie, Minn.-based data storage outfit.
Dell stock has inched down 0.9% to $13.77 in premarket trading, while Compellent (CML) has slipped 2.4% to $28.01.
Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) offered to buy Dionex (DNEX) for $118.50 a share in cash, or about $2.1 billion.
The offer represents a 21% premium to Dionex's closing stock price on Dec. 10, the last trading day prior to the offer announcement and a 32% premium to Dionex's average closing stock price over the last 60 trading days.Shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific rose 2.8% to $54.50 in early trading while Dionex surged 19.9% to $117.75.
Shares of Israeli software and programming services provider Ness Technologies ( NSTC ) soared by 19.6% to $5.50 in premarket trading as Bloomberg reports that four investment funds are bidding to buy the company for around $300 million.
General Electric (GE) offered to buy the U.K.'s Wellstream Holdings, a maker of pipeline products for oil and gas transportation, for 800 million pounds ($1.3 billion).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV