5. United Technologies (UTX) is an aerospace, defense and industrial company.
12-Month Sales Growth: 0.8%
12-Month Net Income Growth: 8.9%
Quarterly Operating Profit Margin: 16%
Cash Flow Multiple: 13 (11% peer premium)
Analysts' Median Target: $85.86
3-Year Dividend Growth: 13%
Dividend Yield: 2.2%
Payout Ratio: 38%
2011 Catalyst: United Technologies' shares jumped Thursday as management boosted its 2011 earnings guidance. It now expects 7% to 14% net profit growth and 3% to 5% organic revenue growth.Industrial companies are the best-performing investments at this stage in the growth cycle. Also, bullish analysts are telling investors that management's assumptions are typically too conservative at the Hartford, Conn.-based company. United's forward earnings multiple of 15 and book value multiple of 3.4 reflect 16% and 18% discounts to peer averages. The company has completed five acquisitions in 2010. One is still pending. It has $5.7 billion of cash on hand. Bullish Scenario: Jefferies believes that United Technologies will climb 15% to $90. Bearish Scenario: Goldman Sachs expects the stock to appreciate 6% to $83.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV