7. Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) makes computers and servers and offers consulting services.
12-Month Sales Growth: 10%
12-Month Net Income Growth: 14%
Quarterly Operating Profit Margin: 11%
Cash Flow Multiple: 8.2 (39% peer discount)
Analysts' Median Target: $55.40
3-Year Dividend Growth: -7.2%
Dividend Yield: 0.8%
Payout Ratio: 9%
2011 Catalyst: HP's stock price has suffered since CEO Mark Hurd departed in August. But it is one of the cheapest technology large-caps. Its sells for a forward earnings multiple of 7.4, a book value multiple of 2.4 and a sales multiple of 0.8, discounts of up to 76% to computer and peripheral industry averages.Value is no guarantee of performance. HP's stock has suffered annualized loss of 6.4% since 2007. A movement into cloud-computing should help in 2011. HP has completed eight acquisitions in 2010. One deal is pending. A pick-up in consumer sentiment, evident in the 74.2 read of last week's U. Michigan sentiment survey, should abet a laggard consumer segment. Bullish Scenario: Citigroup values Hewlett-Packard at $70, implying 65% of upside. Bearish Scenario: Deutsche Bank, ranking the stock "hold", expects it to climb to $45.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV