9. Wal-Mart (WMT) is the world's biggest retailer.
12-Month Sales Growth: 4%
12-Month Net Income Growth: 12%
Quarterly Operating Profit Margin: 5.5%
Cash Flow Multiple: 7.7 (13% peer discount)
Analysts' Median Target: $61.05
3-Year Dividend Growth: 14%
Dividend Yield: 2.2%
Payout Ratio: 29%
2011 Catalyst: It may seem paradoxical to call the world's largest company a growth story, but Wal-Mart has the most effective distribution network in history, with the lowest-cost business model in its field, offering the highest-savings proposition to customers.Its stock has delivered annualized gains of 3.5% since 2007, excluding the effect of dividends. Quarterly return on equity, at 23%, bested the industry average of 19% and the S&P 500 average of 13%. An expansion into frontier markets is ongoing. A deal for a 51% stake in South African MassMart is pending. Quarterly international sales and international operating income increased 7% and 17%, respectively. Wal-Mart is beginning its next phase of domination. Bullish Scenario: HSBC values Wal-Mart at $68, suggesting a 25% 12-month gain. Bearish Scenario: Goldman Sachs expects the stock to rise 7% to $58 in the next year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV