2. JPMorgan (JPM) is a financial-services company, with commercial- and investment-banking units.
12-Month Sales Growth: -1.7%
12-Month Net Income Growth: 73%
Quarterly Operating Profit Margin: 44%
Cash Flow Multiple: 31 (52% peer premium)
Analysts' Median Target: $52.29
3-Year Dividend Growth: -48%
Dividend Yield: 0.5%
Payout Ratio: 6%
2011 Catalyst: In 2010, JPMorgan suffered along with other financials. The industry group has been the third-worst performing among S&P 500 components, narrowly beating health care and utility stocks.But an improving credit environment, with fewer foreclosures and debt defaults, will translate to fewer loss reserves and greater profitability in 2010. Divestiture of principal-strategies is a concern. Still, at 8.7 times forward earnings, a 27% industry discount, JPMorgan is too cheap to pass up. Net charge-offs and delinquencies in its card business are rapidly declining. The bank's dividend is poised to rebound as the economy gains steam. Bullish Scenario: Barclays predicts that JPMorgan's stock will advance 45% to $60. Bearish Scenario: FBR Capital Markets expects the shares to gain 9% to $45.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV