Baldwin & Lyons Announces Officer Changes
INDIANAPOLIS, Dec. 10, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Baldwin & Lyons, Inc. (Nasdaq:BWINA) (Nasdaq:BWINB) at a meeting held on December 10 th, 2010, announced that Mr. Joseph J. DeVito was elected to the position of Chief Executive Officer, replacing Gary W. Miller in that role. Mr. DeVito has been employed by Baldwin & Lyons, Inc. in various capacities since 1981 and has been a director since 1997. In addition, he will retain his current duties as President and Chief Operating Officer of the Company.
Mr. Miller, a 45 year veteran of the Company, held the title of Chairman and Chief Executive Officer since 1997. Mr. Miller will remain with the company and hold the new position of Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors of Baldwin & Lyons, Inc.
About the Company:Baldwin & Lyons, Inc., based in Indianapolis, Indiana, is a specialty property-casualty insurer with a leading position in providing coverages for large, medium and small-sized transportation fleets. The company's product offerings also include coverage for private passenger automobile, business owners property and liability, professional liability and a variety of property and casualty reinsurance assumed programs. Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements Forward-looking statements in this report are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Investors are cautioned that such forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Readers are encouraged to review the Company's annual report for its full statement regarding forward-looking information.
CONTACT: Baldwin & Lyons, Inc. Press Contact: G. Patrick Corydon (317) 452-7500 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV