NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Investors really fell for a few tech stocks this year. And while some deserved your whole-hearted admiration, some others could be trouble and may well break your heart next year.
Earlier this month we put a spotlight on the top five biggest gainers in tech. Those were the stocks that shot up the highest in the sector. This time around, taking a far more cautious view of the winners, we've found three beloved stocks that face major challenges in the year ahead.
Shares of Marvell (MRVL), Apple (AAPL) and Netflix (NFLX) were all deep in the green as investors kept the momentum alive. Great run, but instead of applause, maybe you should hustle some of those winnings into the bank.
Netflix's wonderfully ridiculous run-up was fueled by the assumption that it was the best way to play Net TV. And Apple's introduction of the iPad and new iPhone was a phenomenal product performance that won't be easy to beat. And by looking at the stock, you'd never know Marvell blew an opportunity that could set it back for a while.Here are the three of the hottest tech stocks and how they may burn you next year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV