When users launch the Google (GOOG) Earth app, up pops a globe that can be spun and manipulated via pinching. Users double-tap the sphere to zoom in on any country, city or block in the world; a swipe with two fingers allows the viewing of mountainous terrain.
Selecting one of the categories on the "layers" feature pulls up names of significant places, businesses and Wikipedia entries related to landmarks you're viewing on the map. If you're having trouble finding a precise location, you can look for it via the search bar. And no matter how far you've traveled around the world on the app, tapping its "location" button automatically "flies" you back to the exact block where you -- and your iPad -- are located.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV