Publishing technology company Zinio, founded in 2000, was the precursor to all digital magazine formats. Now its iPad app lets you view thousands of titles -- BusinessWeek, PC Magazine and Outside to name a few -- which are transformed into PDF-like replicas on the iPad.
Once users register for an account, they can select a free magazine subscription. The shop button allows users to browse Zinio's selection of magazines and purchase back issues, single issues or subscriptions. Magazine pages and accompanying slideshows and videos are shown in gorgeous bright colors, and users can choose to read long articles in a text-only format. The app links seamlessly to the web from articles and advertisements without opening a clunky browser.
--Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV