Yendo Accounting: Almost Absurdly Powerful
What you don't get
This tool is not based specifically on U.S. generally accepting accounting principles.
Yendo is an international company that focuses on doing business around the world. The tool supports not only U.S. dollars, but also dozens of other currencies -- even some obscure ones such as the Somali shilling. All this accounting globe-trotting means the system must have customizable features. And therein lies the rub.
Yes, all this flexibility is interesting, but it can also be overwhelming. Are you ready, for example, to edit your numeric chart of accounts, or manage your tax rates or otherwise define your own ledgers? If you use Yendo, without question, go through the settings with your accountant and make sure the program is properly set up to work for your business.
Considering the power and low cost of a tool such as Yendo, you really have no excuse for not having more accurate books by the end of the year. Assuming you start now, you should be able to tally up your top-line sales and expenses for the year and get a sense of your potential tax exposure. Then you can make year-end adjustments and sensible tax plans for next year.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV