Is China primarily your investment in Asia?
As far as stocks? Yes. My stock investment is almost entirely in China. I don't own too many stocks around the world. My portfolio is mainly in commodities because if the world economy gets better commodities will do well because there are shortages. If the world economy does not get better, real assets, commodities, are probably the best place to be because they are going to print more money. Printing money is the wrong thing to do but they don't know anything else to do so they'll just print more money. Throughout history when people have printed money, it's been good for real assets.
Now when you say world economies get better and that that will be good for commodities what about dollar-backed commodities? Won't that hurt those prices?
It won't matter if the dollar goes up, if the dollar goes down, it doesn't matter. I mean they're denominated in dollars but if the dollar goes down, say, something's got to go up against it and one of the things that will go up will be commodities.Plus, there's shortages developing in commodities. I don't know if you've tried to buy any tin recently or any rubber recently or any cotton even. Shortages are developing everywhere no matter what currency the commodity is denominated in. Don't miss my next Q&A with Rogers as we break down the commodity landscape and he reveals his favorite commodities to buy right now.
|More on Gold Gold Price News|
|How to Invest in Gold|
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alix Steel. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adsteel. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV