Editor's Note: This story has been corrected to include First Republic Bank's third-quarter net income of $66.4 million and 0.00% net charge-off ratio.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. ( TheStreet) -- While California has had its share of bank failures, its banking industry is showing signs of recovery.
According to data supplied by SNL Financial, 73% of banks and thrifts headquartered in the Golden State turned a profit during the third quarter, compared to 63% of U.S. all banks in thrifts, as reported by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. in its Quarterly Banking Profile.
California's Largest BanksThe list includes financial strength ratings provided by Weiss Ratings. Weiss Ratings uses a very conservative ratings model, placing the greatest weight on capital strength, credit quality and earnings stability to assign ratings ranging from A-plus (Excellent) to E-minus (Very Weak).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV