United/Continental's Terminal E, Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport
In Houston, Continental reopened the final phase of 23-gate Terminal E (above), which handles international flights, in 2004. It reopened Terminal C, primarily for domestic flights, in May 2010. The renovations cost $300 million and $65 million, respectively. Houston is the largest hub for the new United, with more than 45,000 passengers boarding each day, or 16.4 million each year.
Like many modern terminals, including T5 at JFK, Houston's Terminal C (not pictured) does not include the traditional row of ticket counters positioned against a single wall, with travelers waiting in line for service. Rather, the terminal includes 115 check-in locations at check-in islands, including both kiosks and counters. Terminal C had not been upgraded since it opened in 1981.-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. >To contact the writer of this article, click here:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV