6 Most Beautiful U.S. Airport Terminals
American Airlines' Terminal 8 at JFK Airport
American opened its Kennedy terminal in August 2007. At an opening ceremony, CEO Gerard Arpey called the $1.3 billion terminal "one of the biggest, boldest and most expensive projects in American Airlines history." The airy, imposing structure has 65-foot ceilings, 84 staffed ticketing positions, three passenger lounges and 36 gates.
Today, American and American Eagle offer 117 daily departures from JFK, making it a relatively small hub in terms of departures. But 31 of the destinations are international. The cornerstone is New York-London/Heathrow service, which, during the day, is nearly hourly, given that American is now able to coordinate schedules and pricing with partner British Airways. Other international destinations include Paris, Rome, Madrid, Zurich, Brussels, Buenos Aires, Rio, and Tokyo-Narita, with Tokyo-Haneda service planned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV