Search Jim Cramer's Mad Money trading recommendations using our exclusive Mad Money Stock Screener and watch Jim Cramer's Mad Money Post Game video exclusively on TheStreet.com.
NEW YORK (
) -- "Look at all the ways to win in this market," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his
TV show Thursday.
In the spirit of Christmas, Cramer provided 12 gifts the market gave investors today.
1. Better-than-expected earning from
, a move that caused the shorts to cover their positions.
2. Better-than-expected earnings from
, causing the shorts in that stock to cover as well.
3. Red hot IPOs in China. Cramer said after big gains, he'd ring the register in these newly minted Chinese stocks.
4. A special dividend of $1 per share from
5. A two for one stock split, also from Freeport McMoRan.
6. A big acquisition for
Helen of Troy
of the privately held Kaz brand of personal care products.
7. Increased revenue forecasts from networking equipment maker
8. A refinancing deal for
to help it stave off a looming bankruptcy.
9. A big contract win for
as it inked a deal with Clear Channel.
10. Buy recommendations for
Janus Capital Group
Charles River Labs
bowed to shareholder pressure and put itself up for sale, unlocking the company's true value.
is finally beginning to pay back some of its government bailout money.
These were Just a few of the many ways to win in this market, said Cramer, even on a seemingly uneventful day.