- The sale of the company's preferred and common shares of Itaú Unibanco Holding S.A., which generated a $1.2 billion pretax gain.
- The sale of the company's equity position in MasterCard, resulting in a pretax gain of approximately $440 million.
- An agreement to sell the company's entire 24.9 percent stake in Grupo Financiero Santander, S.A.B. de C.V. back to an affiliate of its parent company, Banco Santander(STD), in a private transaction for $2.5 billion which generated a pretax loss of $428 million.
- The sale of Columbia Management's long-term asset management business, which generated a $60 million pretax gain and resulted in a reduction in goodwill and intangibles of approximately $800 million.
- An agreement to sell a $1.9 billion portfolio of limited partnership interests in private equity funds to AXA Private Equity at a pretax loss of approximately $160 million.
Bank of America Fire Sale to Continue in 2011
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.