Forward Reports Fiscal 2010 Results
Forward Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:FORD), a designer and distributor of custom carry and protective solutions, today announced financial results for its fiscal year ended September 30, 2010.
Fiscal 2010 Financial Results – Compared to Fiscal 2009:
- Net sales increased $1.6 million, or 9%, to $19.0 million in Fiscal 2010 due to higher sales of diabetic products, which increased $1.1 million, or 8%, and higher sales of “Other Products”, which increased $0.5 million, or 10%.
- Gross profit increased $0.6 million, or 18%, to $4.2 million in Fiscal 2010 primarily due to the $1.6 million increase in net sales and, to a lesser extent, decreases in Hong Kong costs and freight, duties and customs costs.
- Selling expenses decreased $0.4 million, or 17%, to $2.2 million in Fiscal 2010 from $2.6 million in Fiscal 2009 due primarily to reductions in selling personnel costs.
- General and administrative expenses increased $1.3 million, or 57%, to $3.6 million in Fiscal 2010. Of this increase, approximately $1.1 million was attributable to developments leading up to and including the Settlement Agreement entered into in August 2010.
- Other income declined $0.2 million to $10 thousand in Fiscal 2010 due primarily to lower average interest rates on slightly lower cash balances compared to Fiscal 2009.
- Net loss was $1.7 million in Fiscal 2010 compared to net loss of $1.4 million in Fiscal 2009. The higher net loss is primarily the result of higher general and administrative expenses (including the approximately $1.1 million attributable to the Settlement Agreement referred to above) and to a lesser extent lower “other income”, offset in part by higher gross profit, lower selling expenses, and lower income tax expense.
Brett M. Johnson, Forward’s President and Chief Executive Officer, commented: “During my brief time at Forward, I am impressed by the capabilities of the Organization and even more confident than ever of the prospects to expand.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV