- Net sales increased $1.6 million, or 9%, to $19.0 million in Fiscal 2010 due to higher sales of diabetic products, which increased $1.1 million, or 8%, and higher sales of “Other Products”, which increased $0.5 million, or 10%.
- Gross profit increased $0.6 million, or 18%, to $4.2 million in Fiscal 2010 primarily due to the $1.6 million increase in net sales and, to a lesser extent, decreases in Hong Kong costs and freight, duties and customs costs.
- Selling expenses decreased $0.4 million, or 17%, to $2.2 million in Fiscal 2010 from $2.6 million in Fiscal 2009 due primarily to reductions in selling personnel costs.
- General and administrative expenses increased $1.3 million, or 57%, to $3.6 million in Fiscal 2010. Of this increase, approximately $1.1 million was attributable to developments leading up to and including the Settlement Agreement entered into in August 2010.
- Other income declined $0.2 million to $10 thousand in Fiscal 2010 due primarily to lower average interest rates on slightly lower cash balances compared to Fiscal 2009.
- Net loss was $1.7 million in Fiscal 2010 compared to net loss of $1.4 million in Fiscal 2009. The higher net loss is primarily the result of higher general and administrative expenses (including the approximately $1.1 million attributable to the Settlement Agreement referred to above) and to a lesser extent lower “other income”, offset in part by higher gross profit, lower selling expenses, and lower income tax expense.
Forward Reports Fiscal 2010 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.