Cartoons, Twilight Sell Prepaid Cards to Teens
By Bill Hardekopf for LowCards.com.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- With the Kardashian prepaid debit card ancient history -- pulled due to poor sales, negative publicity and high fees -- it's worth noting the Kardashians were not the only "celebrities" being used to promote prepaid debit cards to young adults.
Now we're even seeing cartoon characters.
This month, Myplash started selling Teen Prepaid MasterCards, timing that seems to coincide with the holiday season. Launched by Plastic Cash International, there are almost 100 designs, including cartoon characters, movie characters, athletes and musicians -- So So Happy, Skelanimals, Paul Frank, Emily Strange, Plain White Ts, Rich Boy, Flo Rida, surfer Kassia Meador and, of course, characters from the Twilight movies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV