No. 6: Linn Energy
Linn Energy (LINE) is a natural gas exploration and production company with properties located in the U.S., primarily in the Midcontinent, California and Permian Basin.
Over the past year, the stock has surged 60.4%, while its peers have gained around 56%. The stock offers an attractive dividend yield of 7.14%, ahead of Anadarko Petroleum (APC), Denbury Resources (DNR), Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD), Cimarex Energy (XEC) and Forest Oil (FST).Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the company to report earnings per share of $1.42 for 2010 and $1.65 for 2011, a significant turnaround from a loss of $2.48 per share in 2009. Of the seven analysts covering the stock, six recommend buying it and one rates it a hold.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV