No. 7: Legacy Reserves
Legacy Reserves (LGCY) is an independent oil and natural gas company focused on the acquisition and development of properties located in the Permian Basin, Midcontinent and Rocky Mountain regions.
During the third quarter, production was up 3% to 9,804 barrel of equivalent (Boe) per day from 9.516 Boe per day in the second quarter due to acquisitions, operational improvements and increased development drilling, the company said. "Our current backlog of potential acquisitions is sizeable, and we feel confident about our ability to grow through acquisitions," commented Cary D. Brown, chairman and CEO of Legacy Reserves.Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the company to report earnings per share of $1.02 for 2010 and $1.46 for 2011, a significant turnaround from the company's loss per share of $2.89 in 2009. Of the seven analysts covering the stock, six recommend buying it and one advises selling it. Over the past year, the stock has surged 61.1%, while its peers have gained around 54.8%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV