No. 7: Legacy Reserves
Legacy Reserves (LGCY) is an independent oil and natural gas company focused on the acquisition and development of properties located in the Permian Basin, Midcontinent and Rocky Mountain regions.
During the third quarter, production was up 3% to 9,804 barrel of equivalent (Boe) per day from 9.516 Boe per day in the second quarter due to acquisitions, operational improvements and increased development drilling, the company said. "Our current backlog of potential acquisitions is sizeable, and we feel confident about our ability to grow through acquisitions," commented Cary D. Brown, chairman and CEO of Legacy Reserves.Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the company to report earnings per share of $1.02 for 2010 and $1.46 for 2011, a significant turnaround from the company's loss per share of $2.89 in 2009. Of the seven analysts covering the stock, six recommend buying it and one advises selling it. Over the past year, the stock has surged 61.1%, while its peers have gained around 54.8%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV