No. 8: Oil States International
Oil States International (OIS) is a diversified solutions provider for the global oil and gas industry. The company is a leading manufacturer of capital equipment for deepwater production facilities and subsea pipelines.
OIS reported earnings per share of 88 cents in the third quarter, compared with 53 cents for the year-earlier quarter. The company benefited from an improvement in North American drilling and completion activities as well as increased room capacity and earnings from the oil sands accommodation business. After the earnings announcement, analysts increased 2011 estimates on healthier tubular goods margins, an improved outlook for offshore products and the expectation of superior margins in rental tools.The company is expected to report earnings per share of $3.23 for 2010 and $4.14 per share for 2011, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. It reported earnings per share of $1.18 in 2009. Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 11 recommend buying it and two recommend holding it. Over the past year, the stock has surged 76.1%, while peers have gained only 41.1%. From the recent lows reported on Aug. 26, the stock has gained around 57.5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV