No. 8: Oil States International
Oil States International (OIS) is a diversified solutions provider for the global oil and gas industry. The company is a leading manufacturer of capital equipment for deepwater production facilities and subsea pipelines.
OIS reported earnings per share of 88 cents in the third quarter, compared with 53 cents for the year-earlier quarter. The company benefited from an improvement in North American drilling and completion activities as well as increased room capacity and earnings from the oil sands accommodation business. After the earnings announcement, analysts increased 2011 estimates on healthier tubular goods margins, an improved outlook for offshore products and the expectation of superior margins in rental tools.The company is expected to report earnings per share of $3.23 for 2010 and $4.14 per share for 2011, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. It reported earnings per share of $1.18 in 2009. Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 11 recommend buying it and two recommend holding it. Over the past year, the stock has surged 76.1%, while peers have gained only 41.1%. From the recent lows reported on Aug. 26, the stock has gained around 57.5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV