Continued increases in crude oil and natural gas prices may help energy stocks to outperform broader markets during December. In November, the energy index jumped 5.1% while the S&P 500 Index declined 0.2%.
The following 10 energy stocks could generate attractive returns for investors. Over the past month, these stocks returned around 2.5% on average. In comparison, integrated oil and gas majors Exxon Mobil (XOM), Chevron (CVX), BP (BP), ConocoPhillips (COP) and Total (TOT) slid 0.4% on average during the same period.
These 10 stocks are expected to gain in the range of 2% to 112% over the next 12 months with a mean upside of around 19%, according to analysts. The stocks are listed according to the percentage of total analyst ratings that are buy ratings, lowest percentage to highest.The 6-month charts on the following pages show the performance of each stock, along with the performance of the S&P 500 (identified by the abbreviation INX).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV