NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- CBS (CBS) President and CEO Leslie Moonves is counting on original content to give the company more leverage in potential deals with online media platforms such as Hulu and Netflix (NFLX).
During a presentation at the 38th annual UBS global media conference on Tuesday, Moonves explained that as the online platforms develop, CBS remains focused on creating original, premium content. However, he remains cautious, and has yet to close on any deals with online video providers.
"People want our content," he said. "We are going to take our time making the right decision. Caution is a not a bad thing here"
Moonves said he is keeping an eye on the trends in the television sector. While he has been in negotiations with possible partners, he wants to take his time and evaluate his options.By having desirable content, Moonves believes the company will also appear more attractive to advertisers. With its advertising accounting for about 65% of the company's total revenue, Moonves expects the recovering ad market to bolster its end of 2010 and 2011 results. "Our ratings are sensational," Moones said, "We are No. 1 in every single demographic." -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV