NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Federal investigators have delivered 12 more subpoenas in a wide-ranging insider trading probe, Reuters reported Tuesday, citing anonymous sources.
Last month U.S. authorities were talking to employees at several firms , including Wellington Management, Janus Capital (JNS), SAC Capital Advisors and Goldman Sachs (GS) in connection with the probe.
Other hedge funds questioned by investigators are Diamondback Capital, Level Global and Citadel Investment Group, according to reports. The case appears to have sprung out of an investigation of Galleon Group, in which the government has already obtained 14 guilty pleas.
Reuters was unable to determine the people who received the subpoenas, the report stated.A widespread crackdown on the hedge fund industry could hurt profits at Goldman, Morgan Stanley (MS)Citigroup, Bank of America (BAC) and other firms that do lots of business with hedge funds, but so far, investors in those institutions do not appear overly concerned about the issue. Though shares of these and other bank stocks dropped slightly the first trading day after the investigation was announced, the issue no longer appears to be affecting stock prices. -- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV