Whereas EWC is an effective proxy for investors looking for a general play on the economic recovery, the Mexico ETF looks like a promising option for investors looking for a play on the consumer recovery.
EWW sets aside the largest percentages of its portfolio to companies in the telecommunications and consumer staples sectors, which account for over half of the fund's portfolio.
A more top-heavy fund than EWC, EWW's index is spearheaded by Carlo Slim's telecommunication empire America Movil (AMX). Although AMX is only one of the 44 positions underlying the fund, it represents close to a quarter of the fund's index alone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV