5. FIDELITY ADVISOR GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES (FAGOX)
Return: 17.8%Assets: $1.5 billion Manager: Steven Wyner, since January 2009 Top stocks: Apple (AAPL) , 5.8%, Google (GOOG), 3.5%, and Salesforce.com (CRM), 3% Big winner: Coinstar (CSTR) owns and operates coin-counting and entertainment machines as well as self-service DVD kiosks. The company makes up 1.3% of fund and has increased 131% this year. Strategy: Another fund with a roller-coaster performance, it lost 55% in 2008, but regained 47% last year. It holds 183 stocks and turnover is a busy 114%. Computer hardware is the biggest sector wager, at 23% of the fund. Its top three holdings are what crop up in many big funds' largest holdings, but the balance of its top 25 stocks include old-school big-caps, such as IBM (IBM), Boeing (BA) and Microsoft (MSFT). Those are interspersed with little stocks such as Seattle Genetics (SGEN), a drug developer with a $1.5 billion market value, up 56% this year, and Silicon Labs (SLAB), a chip maker with a market cap of $2 billion. It is down 2.6% this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV