52-Week High Reached Tuesday: $50.83Darden enjoyed solid share price percentage gains in 2010, in part because it falls under West's umbrella category of "upper-mid-scale-casual" restaurants, a segment of the industry that focused more on customer service -- rather than deep discounting -- to get penny-pinched customers in the door this year. That focus means Darden, along with industry peers like Texas Roadhouse (TXRH) and Cracker Barrel Old Country Stores (CBRL), is well-positioned coming out of the Recession, West said. The operator of Capital Grille restaurant brands, among others, announced in October that it inked a franchise deal with Kuwait Food Company Americana to set up international chain restaurants of its Red Lobster, Olive Garden and Long Horn Steak House brands in the Gulf Cooperation Council, Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon. In September, Darden reaffirmed its fiscal 2011 guidance, saying it expects earnings per share to grow 14% to 17% year-over-year, or between $3.26 and $3.35 per share. Full-year revenue is expected to grow in a range between 5.5% and 6.5%, to a range between $7.5 billion and $7.57 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV